Quick Reference Guide
Finance Yorkshire provides businesses with funding to start and grow.
Finance Yorkshire provides seedcorn, loan and equity linked investments ranging from £15,000 to £2million, to help small and medium businesses (SME's*) meet the gaps in funding they need when they cannot source their full funding requirement from the commercial market.
By working with financial intermediaries, other lenders and investors Finance Yorkshire will make deals happen, providing access to finance across Yorkshire and the Humber for all qualifying businesses.
The Fund has been created using investment from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), UK Government and the European Investment Bank and can back eligible businesses through critical stages of growth from start-up through to major expansion.
Our investment packages are suitable for most business sectors, the main exceptions are retail businesses, primary industries such as coal mining, steel production and agriculture and some property development. Please see below for additional exceptions **
A simple application process
- Check your eligibility (choose the funding you wish to apply for and then apply online). If in doubt, call us.
- When we have received your online application one of our Investment Managers will contact you to discuss your project
- When ready to submit a formal application, download a detailed application form
We could help if you are:
- An SME* paying business rates in Yorkshire and the Humber or relocating to the region
- A new start-up or growing business
- A business with growth potential
- A business unable to source its full funding requirement from the commercial market
Types of deals:
- Capital expenditure
- Working capital
What information we need:
- Completed application form (downloads)
- Statement of personal assets/liabilities
- Business plan
- If an existing business, last 3 years accounts
- If an existing business, up to date management accounts
- Current order book
- 3 year forecasts - profit and loss, balance sheet, and cashflow
- For early stage innovative business
- Based on strong and unique technological or 'know-how' content that will usually be protectable
- Beyond the research stage
- Have potential for rapid growth and returns of many multiples of the original investment
- Based in or have significant activity in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Typically unsecured loans of between £15,000 and £250,000 for established businesses
- Typically unsecured loans between £15,000 and £50,000 for start up and early stage businesses
- Investments may include capital expenditure and cashflow finance
- Interest rate rebates available to established businesses (subject to conditions)
- For established companies and some large start-ups
- Maximum investment (over time) £2.0m per company
- Tailored packages to suit individual needs via a mix of loan, mezzanine and equity finance
- For growth, capital expenditure, working capital and project finance
- Can invest in much larger transactions alongside other finance providers
*A Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) is a business employing fewer than 250 employees, with an annual turnover of less than 50m Euros or balance sheet net assets of less than 43m Euros. The business cannot be part of a larger group employing more than 249 employees and where the group owns at least a 25% share of the business.
**Additional exceptions Finance Yorkshire cannot invest in the following: re-financing existing commercial borrowings, failing businesses or equity finance for expansion in medium sized businesses (50 – 250 employees) in non-assisted areas. Please contact Finance Yorkshire so we can check if your business is in a non-assisted area.