Up to £1.5m
- Aimed at new or pre-revenue companies where innovative or disruptive technologies are being developed to capitalise on future opportunities.
- Focussed on technology and knowledge-based businesses
The Seedcorn Fund invests in new or early-stage companies where innovative or disruptive technologies are being developed to capitalise on future opportunities in either product or service sector markets.
We typically invest up to £1m, increasing to £1.5m for SMEs with significant market growth prospects.
Our Seedcorn fund is managed on behalf of Finance Yorkshire by Anticus Partners.
The fund fills a gap in the funding market for ventures that might be considered risky by mainstream providers or require more hands-on support from a specialist investor in return for a share of the eventual returns.
Seedcorn funding is right for your business if it is based on new and innovative technology with ideas that have strong potential and, once launched, are capable of rapid growth.
We can help if you are:
- An early stage, innovative business
- Based on strong and innovative technology that is protectable
- Beyond the research stage
- Have potential for rapid growth and returns of many multiples of the original investment
- Based in (or have significant activity in) the Yorkshire region
We invest in companies that have:
- The chance to create a valuable, defensible position in a major market, through patents, proprietary software, customer lock-in or contractual relationships.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and capable founders, who understand the problems that their offering can solve.
- The potential to be achieve a strategic exit to a major company in 3-4 years.
Seedcorn Fund investments receive intensive support from their Investment Manager, who is likely to attend most board meetings and can provide:
- Help with recruiting senior team members
- Help on financing and market entry strategy
- Introductions to future investors and partners
- Access to a network of professionals and advisors experienced in the issues that early-stage technology companies face
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
Send us an enquiry
Use our online contact form to get in touch or give us a call. Send us a summary of your business and funding requirements and our fund managers will check your eligibility.
Finance Yorkshire will contact you
A Finance Yorkshire investment manager will contact you to discuss your enquiry and provide any guidance you need to fill out the application form.
Submit an application form
When asked by the investment manager, you will need to submit a formal application form.
We will normally give a formal decision within 21 working days from receiving the full application and the supporting information we require.
If you have any questions about making an application phone us on 0300 030 6060 or email email@example.com.