Equity Linked Investments: £100k to £2m
Finance Yorkshire provides equity linked investments from £100k to £2m and mezzanine loans (with equity options or redemption premiums) from £100k to £1m.
As we are able to offer a mix of both loan and equity linked investments we are looking to back businesses, management teams and entrepreneurs who are seeking an investment of up to £2m.
We can also invest in much larger transactions alongside other finance providers.
The size of the equity share will depend on a number of factors including the size of the investment, the perceived level of risk and the valuation of the company.
As shareholders, we have a vested interest in ensuring that the company succeeds, as we share in the company's success, generally achieving our principal return from income returns and from capital gain by means of an "exit". As part of the investment, we may appoint a non-executive director to work with the company.
See also our frequently asked questions
We can help your business if you are:
- An SME* paying business rates in the Yorkshire and Humber region or those wishing to re-locate.
- Growth businesses which are profitable or approaching profitability
- And you have a gap in funding where conventional sources of finance are insufficient or unavailable.
Example equity linked investment deals:
- Growth capital - eg; expansion of capacity, supporting new products or markets
- Working capital - eg; investment in stock, work in progress or new customers
- Capital expenditure - eg; investment in new machinery or equipment
- Relocation - eg; for businesses wishing to move into the region
Equity linked investment details:
|Mezzanine Loans:||£100k to £1m|
|Equity investment:||£100k to £2m|
|Joint equity linked package:||£100k to £2m|
|Effective fixed annual interest rates:||Each investment is dealt with on a bespoke basis|
|Exit:||Exit targeted within 5 years|
How to apply
1. Check your eligibility and send an enquiry
- Use our online enquiry form to check your eligibility and send a summary of your business and your funding requirements to Finance Yorkshire.
2. Finance Yorkshire will contact you
- A Finance Yorkshire investment manager will contact you to discuss your application, and provide any guidance you need to fill out the application form.
3. Submit an application form
- When asked by the investment manager, you will need to submit an application form. Guidelines on the application process can be downloaded Enquiry/Application Guidelines. Complete all required information and send it by post to Finance Yorkshire at the address on the form.
4. Finance Yorkshire - Customer Charter
We will respond to any enquiry within 5 working days.
We will contact clients within 5 working day of receiving an application to request further information, arrange a mutually convenient appointment or decline the application.
For Equity Linked Finance, we will normally give a formal decision within 21 working days from the resolution of the key issues. Typically these key issues are related to legal, due dilligence, syndication, contractual and outstanding third-party checks and sign-off.
If you have any questions about making an application phone us on 0845 649 0000 or email email@example.com
*A Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) is a business employing less than 250 employees, with an annual turnover of less than 50m Euros or balance sheet net assets of less than 43m Euros. The business cannot be part of a larger group employing more then 250 employees where the group owns at least a 25% share of the business.
**Exceptions - Finance Yorkshire cannot invest in the following: re-financing existing commercial borrowings, failing businesses, expansion finance in medium sized businesses (50 – 250 employees) in non assisted areas (We are working to reverse this last exclusion but this may take up to six months. If this exclusion is likely to affect you, please talk to us).